I do like it when you ask me for recipes, it prompts me to get them typed up and shared. So do feel free to harass me!
This is a very easy dish to make so perfect for a mid week supper but has enough wow factor to feature at a dinner party. I only had one packet of sliced chorizo in the fridge so mine wasn’t quite as covered as it should have been, but no less tasty. You can replace the chorizo with streaky bacon. I have also made these with spinach in addition to the mushrooms. Its quite an easy recipe to tinker with and add flavours to.
Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
- 1 Pork tenderloin
- 100 grams Mushrooms whatever variety you have to hand, I used chestnut mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon Flat leafed parsley, chopped
- 1 Shallot, finely chopped
- 2 packets Sliced chorizo, about 500g You can replace the chorizo with streaky bacon
- Preheat your oven to 180C
- Slice the pork tenderloin lengthwise so that it opens up like a book
- Cover the pork with clingfilm and bash it with a meat tenderiser until even in thickness. You can use a rolling pin if you don't have a meat tenderiser.
- Chop the shallot and the mushrooms very finely. Fry them in a little butter or olive oil for around five minutes. Stir through the chopped parsley.
- Spread the mushrooms over the pork in an even layer, then fold the pork in half, tucking in the edges.
- Wrap the pork in the sliced chorizo
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes
- Cover in foil and rest before slicing and serving.