This bread is quick and easy to make and is delicious warm from the oven or toasted. Perfect for feeding starving husbands and barbarians when they don’t know what they want to eat.
No knead seed bread
- Loaf Tin
- Baking parchment
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons
- 200 grams ground almonds
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 120 ml water
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder Make sure you buy a brand that is gluten free
- 1 teaspoon xanthum gum
- 2 tablespoons psyllium husks
- 1 pinch salt
- 50 grams seeds + extra for sprinkling on top pumpkin, sesame, sunflower, poppy, whatever you have to hand.
- 60 grams butter, melted
- Heat oven to 180C
- Beat together the eggs and egg whites
- Put all the dry ingredients in a bowl
- Add the egg, water and butter and mix
- Add the seeds and stir through
- Spoon into a lined loaf tin and scatter seeds on top. The seeds on top aren't essential I just think it looks pretty.
- Bake in a lined loaf tin at 180C for 45 minutes or until a toothpick or skewer comes out clean